About Euradnews and Contacts
|Newsletter No: 22 || Category: Announcements || Secondary Category: EURADOS || Story ID: 230238 || Submitted on: 2008-04-07 10:24:36+01|
2nd AnnouncementPlace: Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH, USA
Dates: 7-10 September, 2008
Conference web site: http://www.BioDose2008.org
On behalf of the organizing committee for BioDose –2008 I am pleased to send you the 2nd announcement for BioDose-2008. More detailed information is provided on the updated web site (http://www.BioDose2008.org). But I would like to bring your attention to several especially critical points:
1. The response to the meeting appears to be quite strong and there will be some potential limitations due to the capacity of the meeting room and the availability of the most desirable local accommodations, so early registration is encouraged
2. While the date for receipt of the abstracts (on line submission required) is June 1, we will begin to consider abstracts for inclusion in the oral program on April 1, so early submission may be advantageous.
3. The accommodations at the Hanover Inn (rated as a 4-5 star hotel) will be available at a very reduced price, but ONLY if the reservations are made through the conference and the number of rooms is limited. We are encouraging sharing of rooms (we can arrange the sharing) both to reduce costs and to maximize the number of people who can be accommodated at the Hanover Inn, which is the place that is closest to the meeting.
4. The subject of the meeting is biodosimetry in the broadest sense, for both acute and long term needs.
5. This meeting also builds on a long tradition of EPR dosimeter and dating, and that theme will be continued, even for those aspects that may not fit closely with the theme of biodosimetry.
6. There will be some travel assistance available for young investigators and individuals from countries with limited funding for attending international meetings (see web site for more details).
As always, your suggestions on the program and other aspects of the meeting are most welcome.
President BioDose - 2008
|Submitted by: Dr. Helmut Schuhmacher, PTB, Braunschweig, Germany|
Responsible editor: Executive Editor